Wednesday, November 30, 2011

November 30, 2011

We hope all of you had a wonderful Thanksgiving and got pleasantly plump! We certainly had a lot to be thankful for this Thanksgiving, and we had a wonderful time with our family.  Josh and I went to see the oncologist on Monday and talked about all of his options.  The doctor let us know that they wouldn't "technically" say he is in remission until he had completed the full 6 rounds of chemo.  He has had two rounds and they say that they always recommend the full course no matter if there is no sign of cancer left in the body.  He says that because their studies show that microscopically there is a chance that it is still there.  Josh and I had a hard time seeing the need to put his immune system and body through that at this moment when he is still trying to regain all his strength and health.  The doctor said that he has had patients stop treatment and see how they did.  With that being said Josh decided that he would rather have another break from treatment right now and give himself a chance to recover from everything else he has been through.  The doctor gave Josh his blessing and said he would stand by his decision to wait a little while.  He will be going in for labs and things the next couple of months but he has a break from everything until the end of January when they will perform another PETscan to see how he is doing.  He intends to focus on eating healthy, juicing, and getting stronger.  Our baby is due at the end of February and we are going to constantly keep praying that he is healthy and strong and ready to meet his first son.  We hope that all of you will pray right along with us and hope that you all have a marvelous Christmas!  We will try to post every couple of weeks just to keep you all updated on his progress.

All our Love,
Joshua, Kalyn, and Embyr

1 comment:

Ginger said...

Oh my God, what a blessing for him. I am so happy to hear that he is getting stronger, and I hope this break from chemo will help him get stronger and more resilient. I pray for him every day and not a moment goes by that I am not thinking of you guys. I cannot believe you are due in 3 more months!!! Where did the time go?! Of course, I constantly have these time lapses with you, mostly my fault, but I know you have been busy beyond belief and I have not gotten your texts, etc. Yada, yada, yada. Anyway - I miss you guys and need to come visit. Hope your Thanksgiving was happy - mine was okay except I was sick as a dog the whole time - horrible cold. No fun. Regardless, why am I posting on here about everything like it's a personal email to you?! Back to the point - God bless you guys and am so happy and grateful that Josh is getting better. I have always felt he would beat this, that it wasn't even an option for him not to kick this all to the curb. I still believe that.