Monday, November 7, 2011

November 7, 2011

Well, we have certainly been on a roller coaster the last couple of day and I am just now having the time to fill u all in. The last week was pretty good. He got all of his stitches and drains out last Monday. Kind of a crazy experience that day. The surgeon removed one of the drains and when he did Josh started bleeding profusely. The surgeon had to stitch up a torn vein right there in the office. He felt kind of crappy after that but really who wouldn't after seeing that much blood. He did pretty good the rest of the week. He was driving himself around and was doing much better. We woke up Friday to Embyr having a fever and feeling bad. We stayed in a couple of days to take care of her, and she is much better now. Then on Saturday night I started having stomach cramps and I threw up a couple of times during the night. On Sunday I talked to my ob/gyn and she had me go to the emergency room, then admitted me to observe me for one night. I am doing much better and am just struggling with nausea now. Josh's sister came up from Temple last night to help take care of Embyr while I was in the hospital. I could tell that Josh wan't feeling well yesterday because he didn't feel like sitting with me. This morning I woke up to find out that Jenna had taken Josh to the hospital. He woke up this morning to a lot of blood oozing out of the bottom of his incision. They took a cat scan and found out that he has a big pocket of clotted, infected blood in his abdomen. On top of finding the large hematoma, they found an aneurysm in an artery under his stomach. The surgeon informed us that it should be fairly easy to fix. So, I got discharged this afternoon while Josh got admitted. They just took him back for surgery about 20 minutes ago and said it will probably take about an hour. Please, please, say some prayers...I will post again in a little bit to let everyone know how it went.

No comments: