Thursday, October 13, 2011

October 13, 2011

Big news for everyone today...Josh will be having his surgery on Monday morning at 7am to reverse the ostomy and put his port in for chemo.  He is so ready to get rid of the ostomy bag but is still a little apprehensive about another surgery.  We are so thankful that his body is ready to undergo another surgery and that he will be on his way to better health again. 

We have even bigger news...we found out this morning that we will be adding a baby boy to complete our family!!!  We are so excited and overjoyed, we were hoping all along for a boy and I had a feeling the last couple of weeks that a boy was what we'd get.  God sure was listening to my yearning heart!  Embyr went with us today to the sono appointment and got to be a part of it all...she is super excited!  She is now saying that she wants to name him Curious George!  She is going to be a great big sister to this little brother of hers.  Everything looked great with him and we got some great 3D pics.  Josh is so thrilled to have a little man around the house. (he kind of feels out numbered sometimes!)

Josh has to be at the Round Rock Hospital Monday morning at 5:45 am and I will be with him as he undergoes this next surgery.  His mom will be at home with Embyr and I was wondering if maybe someone would like to volunteer to come sit with me.  I know it's early but I do much less worrying if I have someone to talk to and pray with.  Let me know if any of you would like to come sit with me.  Today has been a great day and we are so elated that our little family will be complete soon (with Josh beating cancer and being whole again too!).  Thanks again to all of our family and friends, we love you all so much!

Josh, Kalyn, and Embyr (and our little boy too!)

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Do you think I could leave and make it to class by 10am? I'll totally be there if I can!!

Ssrah

Nadine said...

I teach in the morning, but could be there in the afternoon. Hugs <3