Saturday, September 10, 2011

Saturday September 10, 2011

Okay....so now I can't get out of the habit of blogging every couple of days.  I have not been at the hospital as much since Thursday.  Josh's mom is out of town and I have mainly been at home taking care of Embyr and the house.  It has seriously been so hard, I am so used to sleeping up here with him and now I've been at home the last three nights and am just really missing him.  As far as how he is feeling and doing, I think the last few days have been pretty hard on him mentally and physically.  The chemo side effects have really set in and his numbers have gone way down.  He has sores in his mouth and down his throat that are pretty painful for him, it makes it difficult for him to eat.  I do think that he is on the uphill climb now, I have been up here all day today and the doctors say that his numbers are slowly coming up and that his liver enzymes have come down a bit.  His protein levels have continued to go up as well.  He feels really exhuasted and is having back pain from being in the bed so long.  He has also been batteling fevers the last couple of days, nothing really high but none the less they are keeping a close eye on things.  The doctors also have him on a few different drugs; one to bring his heartrate down, one to fight the overwhelming amount of yeast in his body, and one antibiotic just in case.  We are praying for strength as he has none at the moment and that his blood counts continue to come up quickly.  Giving him all my love and all the love I feel from all of you.

Love,
Kalyn

4 comments:

Katie H said...

Still praying for you and Josh! Love you both

Tante said...

I'm praying for your strength and much needed healing, Josh!

I know your positive attitude will help carry you though this.....

Enzo Lauriola said...

Kalyn,

updates every other day is fine! I'm quite admired you actually manage to do that with all you have to deal with... Thankyou so much!

You are on our daily thoughts, big hugs to Josh & you all

Enzo & family

Cheryl Freeman said...

Kalyn,

Keep being strong!!! You are such a blessing to Josh in all that you do, standing beside him and fighting this with him encourages him!!! You have such strength and love and may God grant you even more!! I continue to pray and keep Josh in my heart.

Please let me know if I can help out with anything. I can also help with Embyr when I get out of school in the afternoon if needed.
Take care!!!
Cheryl