Sunday, September 4, 2011

Sunday September 4, 2011

Two days without updating everyone seems like forever. Friday, my mother-in-law called me first thing in the morning to tell me she thought Embyr might be sick. I ran home just in time for her to throw up all over me! I got her into the dr a couple of hours later and she threw up one more time while we were there. She had a high fever and the dr said a stomach bug had been going around and that's probably what was going on. So, with Embyr having a fever I was unable to go the hospital until last night. We literally laid around for two days. My dad was actually here during that time as well and did some manly things that only a dad or a husband can do. We really appreciate Papa and all he did for us while he was here. Josh's mom Wendy has been here too and has helped tremendously. She has been spending the night with him while I can't and also cooking and trying to help with Embyr and I. I literally could not get all of this done without everyone's help! Yesterday I got all my hair cut off so I could join the club.

As far as how Josh is doing, he's hanging in there. His appetite has been better the last few days and they say that his pre-albumin levels (pre-protein) have been coming up. He is off of the nutrition through the IV because of his liver enzymes. We're hoping he will get to stay off of it and get those protein levels up on his own. The oncologists say that hisl white blood cells are really high right now because they are giving him a medicine to bring them up super high before they drop from the chemotherapy. They are hoping the numbers won't drop as low as last time by doing this. He has also gotten a couple of red blood cell transfusions. Those have given him a little more energy. Right now I am sitting in his room while they apply new dressings and suction to his wound vac...again! That machine beeped again all night last night, luckily I had my earplugs and Josh had lots of good drugs, so we got some sleep. It was really nice to spend the night with him last night after being away for two days. It was also good to be with Embyr for two days too. Now I am back to trying to find a good balance between the two of them. I think I am going to check into Embyr going to school down the street from us for two days a week. That will probably help with the balance of time between the both of them until Josh gets home. Once he's home it will be good too. All Embyr knows is that she is super excited to be going to school. We also finally told Embyr that she is going to be a big sister. She is so excited and said we need to name the girl "Monkey" or if it's a boy to name it "Jungle Under the Sea". Hilarious! Hope all of you out there are doing well and have a great holiday tomorrow!

All our love!
Josh and Kalyn

5 comments:

tante said...

Thanks for keeping us updated! I'm so sorry Embyr is not feeling well...Sounds like the virus has run it's course. It's one big juggling act these days!

I hope you find some time to reflect and smile on the significant steps Josh has made. You are still in our prayers!

Cindy said...

Kalyn Sorry to hear Embyr has been sick. Glad she is doing better. I think school will be good for her. And will help give you a much needed rest. She will love it! Glad your dad was there to help you out with "guy things" and thankful your mother-in-law has been there for you to help out. That is great. Wish I was close so I could help out. Glad Josh seems to be doing better. Pray white blood cells don't drop, protein level comes up and everything else falls into place. Take care of yourself too sweetie. Remember we are thinking about you all and praying everyday for each one of you. Thinking of you and praying - Love you all. Elaine

linda said...

Poor little embyr .,but i am glad to hear she is feeling better.

one of those protein drinks have 25 grams protein but hopefully he can eat and retain that protein on his own. Anyway praying for all of you.

linda

Gayle said...

Sorry to hear that Embyr was sick...but rejoice that she is feeling better and that you had some time together, laying around and taking it easy! We thank God for your Dad and Wendy and everyone else who has stepped in to help you Kalyn....wish we could help as well, but believe me, we are keeping the prayer chair going! Take care and keep the faith! Love,
Gayle and family & Wayne and Linda

Gayle said...

Oops!! I meant the prayer chain, not chair!