Saturday, September 24, 2011

Saturday September 24, 2011

First things first...today is our seventh anniversary!!!  I am so happy to have Josh here with me to celebrate it and to know that I didn't loose him.  I have faith that we will have many more.  I have a lot to catch you all up on since I have not blogged all week.  Tuesday I wasn't feeling well and I found it harder than usual to get back in the swing of things.  I am so thankful that Josh's mother has been here to help with everything.  Josh is getting much better, he is walking further everyday and working harder with physical therapy too.  Yesterday the surgeons came in and removed the last three retention rods on his wound (these things were causing him a lot of pain) and said that it is looking so much better.  They also say that he may be able to get rid of the wound vac by Monday.  His wound isn't completely closed yet but they say that it should grow new skin and make a scar soon.  His proteins have sort of plateaued  but we are hoping that they will go up more soon.  All the doctors seem to think that they will and when they get a bit higher he will be able to have his ostomy reversed before the next chemo treatment.  He has been learning how to take care of the ostomy bag and how to empty it, because pretty soon he will have to be doing it at home with no help.  The hospital is looking to release him some time this next week.  We don't know if he will be going to rehab or home...we're still crossing our fingers that he will be able to get some sort of rehab before he comes home.  He is a little apprehensive about coming home without it.  The last few days he has been trying extra hard to do normal things like he would be doing at home.  He's wearing normal clothes during the day and sitting up in the chair for all of his meals.  He is walking further everyday and even walked outside yesterday!  He still needs a walker for most of his walks but has actually done a few without it too.  I am so proud of him for pushing himself so hard when I know he still isn't feeling very well.

Josh and I both want to thank everyone who has donated to his medical fund recently.  We are so touched that all of you didn't even hesitate and are willing to give as much as you can.  We are both so overwhelmed with gratitude and want all of you to know how special you are and how much we love you!

Thanks again...with all our love,
Josh and Kalyn

3 comments:

Ginger said...

I am ELATED to hear such great news! Y'all are always on my mind. I tried to donate $ and the paypal thing was giving me a hard time, so I tried to donate without it, but it said my email and credit card info was already assigned to a paypal acct, so I needed to use a different one or go thru paypal. So I tried, couldn't remember my password and all the drama ensued. Anyway, I'll figure it out so I van donate! :) Looooooooove you both sooooo much!!

Gayle said...

I am so happy to hear the great news posted today, on a very special day, your anniversary! Josh, keep working at getting stronger and soon you can be at home with Kalyn and Embyr. What a wonderful day that will be! We all continue to pray for your recovery and healing.
love,
Gayle and family
Wayne and Linda and family

rachael w said...

Hey guys, This video reminded me of Josh. Thought he'd like it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXO-jKksQkM&feature=player_embedded#!

Hope he's feeling better. xxooo