Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Wednesday September 7, 2011

Two days without blogging again...geeze.  I am slacking on the job, I know a lot of you read this everyday and I'm sorry I got behind.  No worries though, no major changes on our end.  Josh is starting to feel the effects of his last chemo treatment.  He is really exhausted and his numbers have dropped again.  This is all expected but still really hard on him.  Yesterday he got to go outside since it was so nice and his numbers were still really high.  We brought him lunch and took him outside for a picnic.  Then later he got up and took a really good walk, which really helped too.  Today they came in to re-do his wound vac and told him everything looked so much better and that they were so excited that it held since Sunday.  He was so happy to hear that it's not leaking as much and actually starting to heal.  Hooray for his proteins going up!  All in all, the doctors seem to think he's doing so much better even though the chemo has him a bit down.  The surgeons told us that if his proteins continue to go up and if they get all the way up then maybe they will reverse his ostomy in the next few weeks.  Until then, they are trying to get him through this bout with the chemo and then they will really start some good rehab.  I will try to keep everyone posted as we get new news.  Thanks again to all of you keeping up with his progress and continuing to pray for him.  We are so very thankful!

Much Love,
Josh and Kalyn

6 comments:

Ginger said...

So glad to hear things are going well. You guys are in my thoughts and prayers every minute of every day. I love you!

Gayle said...

So happy to hear that things are going well...we continue to pray for your healing Josh. Kalyn, take care of yourself as well!
We send you our love and lots of hugs.
Gayle and family
Wayne and Linda and family

linda said...

Kalyn, I always felt that my caregivers had the hard job. As the patient, you know you have no choice but to do what your told but the caregiver has to be a cheerleader and keep your faith for them. You doing good and take care Im glad to hear that Josh is doing so well. Yes, chemo is a BITCH.

Mary/Mom said...

Prayers continue to go up from Farmersville and so many other places. I would like to say "Thank You" to all of Josh & Kalyn's friends - you have been such a blessing to them - God bless all of you.

Mary/Mom

Anonymous said...

Prayers continued for all of you!

Tante said...

It's good to know things are improving everyday! Remember even if we don't "blog" back to you, you'll in our thoughts and prayers...

It's exciting to hear there is healing! (If I had any energy left tonight, I'd do a dance! It's in my heart, but I guess a virtual dance will have to do. Fires in Bastrop Co. have kept me unusually busy at work today!)