Monday, August 15, 2011

August 15, 2011 11:45am

        Boy have we had a good morning! Good news all around...he had a good night and got some good rest with some bouts of pain. I stayed the night and actually got a bit of sleep as well.  This morning before I left the oncologist came in and seemed very optimistic, he was very happy the tumors have shrunk from the chemo and informed us that Josh is still trying to fight infection but is actually doing well considering they didn't know if he would even make it through the surgery Friday.  I then went home to clean and shower and my best friend Shauna came and sat with him for me.  One of the surgeons came in while she was here and told her that they may move him out of ICU as early as tomorrow if everything still looks this good. They will also try to take the chest tubes out tomorrow as well! So excited

         On an even bigger note, Shauna and Josh had a great visit this morning which included the two of them praying together and Josh whole heartedly accepting Jesus into his heart. Amen!  If anyone knows Josh they know that he has struggled with his faith sometimes and we are just so ecstatic to know that he has made such a wonderful step in this journey! The peace that has come with this news is just so powerful, God is amazing and showing us miracles everyday!!

         He is going to be getting physical therapy starting at noon today to try and increase his strength, he's not too excited about it but he knows he needs it.  That being said, he is stubborn but we have seen such a change in him since last Monday!

Specific Prayer Requests at this time:
1) That the infection is complete removed fom his body.
2) His white blood cell and platelets count come up soon.
3) That he will get into a regular room tomorrow!

Thank you again for all of your prayers.  They mean so much to our family at this time!

Love,
Kalyn




9 comments:

Tanika said...

Awesome.. simply great.. keep us posted.. hoping to get good news everyday. New baby is bringing good luck n joys back to u all!!!

Ginger said...

I am so happy and excited for you guys - there have been so many amazing blessings, it brings tears to my eyes to read this :) I love you guys so much I can hardly stand it! haha...seriously, my heart is just swelling with joy for Josh, you, Embyr, the little one on the way, and all of your family - and I am so happy that Josh has found his faith - it's very important to find it on your own terms, and I know it will carry him far and bring him much strength. I LOVE YOU GUYS!!!

Tante said...

WOW. God is good! Thanks for all the miracles! The journey in life is so hard at times but the road is never far from the love of family and friends. I'm so thankful for Josh 's healing.... His mind, body and spirit! Prayers are still coming ur way! Love u!

Rhonda said...

I am Kristen's Aunt just want you to know you are being lifted up by many people. God is doing miracles and you are all in my prayers.

Sarah said...

Love you guys more than I can say or than you'll ever know. Love you love you love you.

The Cochran Family said...

Praise the Lord!!!!!! Awesome news!

gaga said...

Today's devotional from Oswald Chambers "My Utmost for His Highest". "You must be born again". John 3:7...."...unless one is born again, he can not see the kingdom of God". John 3:3. Am I seeking only for the evidence of God's kingdom, or am I actually recognizing His absolute sovereign control? The new birth gives me a new power of vision by which I begin to discern God's control. His sovereignty was there all the time, but with God being true to His nature, I could not see it until I received His very nature myself.

How appropriate for you! I am rejoicing with you and praying for continued peace and strength to face what is still yet to come! Love to all of you!

Ashley Holland said...

I am so happy to hear this!!! Prayers are definitely being heard and we will continue to pray.

alison young said...

Kalyn, I am so happy to hear this. I'm happy that he is fighting and getting stronger everyday, and even happier that he accepted Jesus into his heart. I know how happy that must have made you! It's amazing to see God at work. My family has all of you in our prayers and will continue. I just wish I were close so I could hug your neck! :) It makes me happy to hear these updates full of blessings!