Tuesday, August 16, 2011

August 16, 2011 3pm

Josh is napping finally, he's had a very long morning.  He got physical therapy twice which was kind of grueling, but he sat on the side of the bed and worked his arms and legs really well.  They took his nasal gastric tube out today (Embyr and all of us have been calling it his "trunk").  He felt so much relief with that thing out.  He has gotten a dose of lasiks today to help take all the extra fluid off his body.  He is such an amazing man and has been so sweet and thankful to everyone he encounters.  It looks like his temp has come down a little, and he is out of pain at this moment.

Specific prayer requests:
1) That his immune system will kick in soon.
2) That infection will be totally wiped away.
3) And that his heart will stay touched by God!

Many Thanks for all your love and prayers,
Kalyn

4 comments:

Tante said...

Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good, for his mercy endures forever.....

In my straits I called upon the Lord; the Lord answered me and set me free. The Lord is with me; I fear not. Psalm 118

I just randomly opened the Bible and this is the passage that I saw first....

I pray tonight is restful, Josh!

Sarah said...

I love you Josh!

Gayle said...

Praise God from whom all blessings flow! Josh, I am so happy to hear that you have accepted God in your life. He will see you thru these dark days and give you hope and strength. Kalyn, take care of yourself also and that precious life you are carrying! We all are sending our love, hugs and prayers for strength, healing and peace to all of you.
Glenn, Gayle and family

Larry Blakey said...

Josh, I pray that God will give to you the spirit of wisdom and revelation that you may know Him, and that the eyes of your understanding would be enlightened: 17"and ask the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, to give you the Spirit, who will make you wise and reveal God to you, so that you will know him. 18 I ask that your mind may be opened to see his light, so that you will know what is the hope to which he has called you, how rich are the wonderful blessings he promises his people, 19 and how very great is his power at work in us who believe. This power working in us is the same as the mighty strength 20 which he used when he raised Christ from death and seated him at his right side in the heavenly world." Eph 1:17-20 GNT. Larry Blakey Class of '65 Wylie High School.