Thursday, August 25, 2011

August 25, 2011 5:30pm

I'm sitting with Josh right now and just watching him relax, he has had a GOOD day.  Embyr has been by to see him which always brings his spirits up and he has been out of bed more than in bed today.  He actually walked out of his room and into the hallway today...3 times!  So proud of him for trying so hard, I guess he's making up for the bad day he had yesterday.  Yesterday a surgeon came in and put a wound vacuum on his incision.  It is still wide open from when they removed the staples and it started oozing a lot yesterday. They say that the wound vac will help with the healing process until his protein levels come up and his body starts doing it on his own.  We are getting ready to shave his head in a minute because it is really starting to fall out and I think it's better that he's in control of losing it.  Embyr and Grandma are bringing up a home cooked meal in a little while and we are going to have a hospital picnic!

Much Love to everyone!
Kalyn

6 comments:

Jon said...

I have been thinking of you guys everyday. My thoughts and prayers are with you, anything that i can do to help i will. Powerful positive thinking along with all my hopes and prayers are coming at ya!
Much Much LOVE!
all day
jon k

Tante said...

It is said, laughter is good for the soul!

Positive Thoughts: No more bad hair days; No more bed-head; Getting ready in the morning will take less time; It will always grows back thicker; You will get lots of new hats; and, This will be a great "look" for you!

On a serious side, I KNOW this is really hard!!!! I'm praying today for healing, rest and peace for you, Josh!

Tanu said...

Praying for u everyday.. u r in my thoughts.. wishing Josh a speedy recovery n strength to u all!!! Love Tanika

linda said...

mmmmmmmmmmmmmm sounds good. Tell him he will feel better to get that haircut. I finally did mine yesterday. see facebook I am so glad he felt better taday and got to see that precious little girl

linda

Tessa said...

Our hearts were heavy after yesterday's post BUT today seems to be brighter! So happy that Josh is up and walking. Keep it up! Every day is a new day ;). Love you guys XOXOXO
From all of the members of the Chad and Tessa Circus :)

elizabeth said...

What a difference a couple of weeks make! You are so lucky to have Wendy to help you, taking care of Embyr, making juice, washing clothes, cleaning house, buying groceries, making meals, driving back and forth between Austin and New Braunfels to take care of her dad, and most importantly making sure Embyr still has a somewhat regular life without her daddy being home. She is one amazing mom! If I ever get this sick, I want Wendy in my corner.

Josh, continue on your great recovery person.