Monday, August 22, 2011

August 22, 2011 1:30pm

Well today is shaping up pretty nicely.  Josh was moved from ICU to a regular room today, for those of you who are visiting, he is in room 367.  We still have to take the elevators like we're going up to ICU but just take it on up to the third floor.  Last night he also got a really great surprise, the Dr. allowed Embyr to come and visit him in ICU.  She stayed for about 10 minutes and they were both just so happy to finally see each other.  The doctors did start him back on the nutrition through the IV last night, just to help supplement.  He is eating as much as he can and drinking things like Ensure and Protein drinks.  Josh met his goal of getting out of ICU before his birthday, it's this Friday and he will be turning 33!  We migth have a little get together...more info on that later if it is to happen.  The oncologist told him this morning that he will definitely be in the hopsital for another week.  They want to get him his next dose of chemo a week from tomorrow.  He still has his chest tube in and was taken off the morphine pump this morning.  He is only getting pain meds through the mouth now, that's a really big step and we are so proud of him for all the progress he's made.  Love, love, love him...please continue to keep him in your thoughts and prayers.

Kalyn

7 comments:

Michelle said...

I wanted to thank you for the continued updates. I check the blog everyday and I am so glad that Josh continues to get better and better. if you ever need anything my parents still live one street away from you and I am not far away.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Michelle Eller

Ginger said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ginger said...

I am so happy to hear that he is in a regular room - I am amazed at his strength and spirit. He is a true inspiration. I will need to come see his new accomodations this week :) Wanted to come by this weekend, but lots of stuff came up...but you guys were never far from my thoughts. Love you guys!!

Ginger

Jake said...

This is fantastic news. Hopefully soon you'll be up and out of the hospital completely.

Tante said...

YYYYEEEAAAAA! Back to a room and out of ICU! This is great news! I'm happy Embyr got to see you....That's surely a joy to you today!

Words from Day by Day with God....

You will not need to fight in this battle. Position yourselves, stand still and see the salvation of the Lord, who is with you....
2Chronicles 20:17

Savior, too often I depend upon my own skills to get the job done and get through the trouble. Help me this time to hear Your voice and do things Your way. Let me see Your salvation...Amen

Rhonda said...

Sounds like things are going great. PTL

Gayle said...

I am so happy to hear that Josh is doing better and out of ICU! I'm sure seeing Embyr was the best medicine ever! We will continue to pray for healing and strength.
All our love to you!
Gayle and family