Wednesday, August 24, 2011

August 24, 2011 1pm

Okay so we've had a couple of tough days but I think things may be looking up.  Although I want to ask a little later for specific prayer requests.  I didn't update yesterday because I wasn't feeling well, I have been really really nauseous.  I went home yesterday for about 4 hours and tried to eat and rest and then I came back for as long as I could.  I felt like he was ready to stay the night by himself last night so I stayed home and got some good sleep.  Although, this morning he seemed very defeated, tired, and depressed.  I think he is realizing how hard things are going to be and how slow this process is.  He is just really ready to be out of here and knowing that he probably has another week along with chemo is kind of depressing him.  Not much has changed in the way of his progress, they've been getting him up as much as possible and he still has the chest tube.  He is unable to get out in the hallway and walk because of the chest tube.  They started him on an appetite stimulant today because he has not been eating very much.  They weighed him on Monday and he has about 20 extra pounds of fluid that is really dragging him down.  It's all around his abdomen and down his legs to his ankles.  He has had Lasik a couple of times but it's a fine line for him because they do not want to dehydrate him.  With all that being said we are trying to keep his spirits up and pray that he can continue to get through this.  Thanks again to all of you for your continued prayers, we're going to need them for some time.

Specific Prayer Requests:
1) That Josh's fluid will start to leave his body.
2) That he can come out of the darkness of depression soon.
3) That his appetite will come back and his nutrition will get better.

Thanks again,
Kalyn

4 comments:

Tante said...

Kalyn, I'm glad you got some rest last night. I want to give you and Josh something that I think may help you during this difficult time. Would you like to have a housekeeper for a couple of months? Maybe you know of someone or company in RR that you wouldn't mind going to your home. Let me know who and when, send the bill to Charlie and I....What do you think?

Everyday I keep praying for you, Josh....Although you may think your healing has been slow, you have come such a long way and you have gotten better in so many ways! I've been looking for passages of HOPE...Isaiah 41:31....They that have hope in the Lord will renew their strength, they will soar as with eagles'wings; they will run and not grow weary, walk and and not grow faint.

I hope you feel HIS arms around you as you find strength each and every day!

Anonymous said...

Praying for you Josh and family!

adam said...

I just figured out how to put comments on this blog(not familiar with blogs :-) )but I read it everyday. Great to here the good news! Got a lot of people pulling for you. Again, awesome to here the new and good news and I'm glad you got to see Embyr!!!!

linda said...

Iknow the drs and God r doing the best for him. It is very normal for his depression and the nights seem to be the worst. I call them the heebgbees. Does he enjoy movies? puzzles? Yes, he needs u but you have to take care of u and that baby too. Will continue to pray for mental state as well as the physical. love you

linda